- The client who submit to us the booking form and accept the Booking Terms does so on behalf of himself/ herself and persons under his/her authority, and warrant that he/she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of the other person included in such a booking and in event of the failure of any or all the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability for the total price of all bookings made by him/her with Machame Cultural Tourism.
- On receipt the booking form and also on confirming the program details, we will issued the full program schedule plus the associated program costs
- On confirming the program details and budget by both parties, we will send you the contract and the full invoice of which 25% of the applicable program cost must be deposited to our bank account.
- On receipt of the 25% deposit, we will issue the next invoice and officially confirm to reserve the required safari place for you, issue a confirmation letter and send safari information, clothing lists, etc. Please ensure that you receive this information before you leave on safari.
- The deposit will immediately be refunded if Machame Cultural Tourism cannot offer you the required services (Please note that reservations cannot be made without a deposit of 25% of the whole safari program cost).
- Final payment can be effected through a bank deposit 8 days before the safari start date OR by cash on arrival at least 24 hrs before the safari start date.
- Machame Cultural Tourism reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the client will not show up on the program start date.
- Late applicants however may join the program only if “accommodation and transport seats are available”
- Machame Cultural Tourism reserve the rights to cancel or sub-contract the services to its partners without affecting the program cost and quality
Machame Cultural Tourism accept that we are humans and sometimes we face un avoidable problems and circumstances which force us to postpone and or cancel our programs. Due to this fact, we allow our client to cancel their confirmed program at any time. A cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations done between 0-90 days prior to program start date will be deducted to cover any expenses incurred by Machame Cultural Tourism in respect to this program arrangement. Procedures on how this fee applies is explained from no. 4 (i-vi) below
We also extend our apology to the affected clients if Machame Cultural Tourism will cancel any confirmed booking mainly due to extremely unavoidable circumstances like natural disasters, demonstration and violence and or for security instability within some or all of the program areas to be visited.
There are two types of cancellations
- Official Cancellation by the client by submitting the Cancellation Request via default email or website cancellation form. (Note: phone call for follow up is highly recommended to avoid any miss communication in between)
- Official Cancellation by the Machame Cultural Tourism by submitting the Cancellation Request via client default email. (Note: phone call follow up is highly recommended to avoid any miss communication in between)
- If the cancellation is done by Machame Cultural Tourism, all booking deposits will be refunded to the client on cash or via the provided bank account by the client
- If the cancellation is initiated by the client, the following cancellation fee will apply
- If cancelled within 90 days and above a processing fee of 10% of the whole program cost will be charged.
- If cancelled between 90 – 30 days prior to program start date, a cancellation fee of 30% of the program cost will be charged.
- If cancelled between 30 – 14 days prior to program start date, a cancellation fee of 50% of the program cost will be charged.
- If cancelled between 14 – 7 days prior to program start date, a cancellation fee of 75% of the program cost will be charged.
- If cancelled between 0 – 7 days prior to program start date, a cancellation fee of 100% of the program cost will be charged and hence no refund to be made.
- Machame Cultural Tourism reserves the rights to change these booking terms and cancellations fee and conditions at any time without any prior consent of the clients.
- Cancellation insurance is compulsory for all Machame Cultural Tourism services. It is the client’s responsibility to arrange cancellation insurance. Should a client fail to join a tour after a departure or leave prior to its completion, no refund or liability will be accepted by Machame Cultural Tourism.
CHANGE OF BOOKING BY CLIENT:
- After the booking has been confirmed, should you wish to change to an earlier departure date, you may do so subject to availability by paying a transfer fee of US$25. Normal cancellation fees apply from no. 4 (i-vi) above
- To postpone a program, a client will be required to follow the “1-10 Booking Procedures above”
CHANGE OF BOOKING BY MACHAME CULTURAL TOURISM:
The client is aware that the itineraries are flexible and will depend on local conditions. The Company will not accept any claims of any nature including consequential damages as a result of any accommodation or other facilities, made or becoming unavailable on tour. The client hereby indemnifies and holds the Company harmless in respect of any such claim. The Company reserves the right to cancel any tours without prior notification, in such events, all monies paid will be refunded in full which shall constitute the full extent of the Company liability to the client and persons under his authority.
The Company uses its best endeavors to ensure that all anticipated accommodation is available as planned, there shall be no claim of any nature whatsoever against the Company for a refund either in whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is not found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, then there are no refunds due. The Company will not entertain complaints due to Loss of Enjoyment where the full land arrangements have been provided.
The client is aware that the baggage is restricted to 12kgs in a soft bag (this includes camera equipment and carry-on bag) due to safety and limited space. The Company can in most cases, arrange for extra baggage to be stored or taken to the camp, lodge or hotel at an additional cost. All baggage and personal effects are at all times the clients risk and the Company cannot accept liability for any loss of baggage or personal effects.
a) The client acknowledges that it is his responsibility to ensure that he/she is in possession of the necessary valid travel documents, passport, visas, vaccination certificates, etc.
b) Even though The Safari Company will endeavor to assist the passenger in this regard, such assistance should be at the Company’s sole discretion, the client acknowledges that in so doing, the Company is not assuming any obligation or liability, and that nevertheless the responsibility to ensure that the aforesaid documentation is in order and complies with such lawful and other requirements to enable the client to enjoy the benefits of the tour, remains the client’s.
c) The client acknowledges that the Company will not be held liable to a refund of the tour fare or compensation, should the client be refused entry into a country for any reason.
Comprehensive travel and medical insurance is compulsory for guests booking with The Safari Company. The client acknowledges that it is his responsibility to take insurance. The client undertakes to take comprehensive travel insurance to cover his/her personal requirements. This insurance should include cover in the respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation and curtailment of the safari and services booked, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage/theft/loss of [personal baggage, money and goods. The Safari Company, including their representatives, employees and agents will take no responsibility for any costs, losses incurred or suffered by the guests, or guest’s dependants or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require. Please note that credit card travel insurance is inadequate for a safari.
a) Neither The Safari Company (the Company) nor any person or agent acting for, through or on behalf of the Company shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever and without restricting the generality of the a foregoing shall particularly not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in its website, literature or information sources, loss or damage caused by delays, sickness, theft, injury or death. In addition the Company shall have the right at any time at its discretion to cancel any safari and services or the remainder thereof or make alterations in route, accommodation, price or other details and, in the event of any safari and services being rendered impossible, illegal or inadvisable by weather, strike, war, government or interference or any other cause whatsoever, the extra expenses incurred as a result thereof shall be the responsibility of passenger. The Company may at its discretion and without liability or cost to itself at any time cancel or terminate the guest’s booking and in particular without limiting the generality of the a foregoing it shall be entitled to do so in the event of the illness or the illegal or incompatible behavior of the guest, who shall in such circumstances not be entitled to any refund. The client undertakes and agrees that he/she will, at all times, comply to a reasonable code of conduct during the safari and will not in any way constitute a nuisance to the other parsons on tour.
b) The client acknowledges that the services arranged by the Company, whether in civilized or remote areas by plane, vehicle, train, dug out canoe, canoe, boat, horse back, other conveyance or by foot, contains inherent risks of injury, illness, death, or loss and damage to property, which may be caused by forces of nature, accidents, wild animals, negligence of others, and other causes known or unknown.
c) The client acknowledges that such risks may be present at any time before, during or after the tour arranged by the Company and that medical services and facilities may not be readily available during the tour.
d) The client expressly assumes any and all risks with respect to the activities and circumstances described herein and agrees not to sue The Safari Company on account of any losses, claims, costs, liabilities or damages.
e) The client agrees not to allege the unenforceability of this Agreement or part thereof. In the event of any competent authority finding that any portion of this Agreement is unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect. The client agrees that the a foregoing obligation shall be binding.
FACTORS OUTSIDE THE SAFARI COMPANY’S CONTROL:
The client is aware that unforeseen circumstances due to road conditions, weather, mechanical breakdown, accident, border closure, political situations etc are beyond the control of the Company and can delay and change the performance of the safari. The cost of flying back home, alternative accommodation, food, personal expenses and all resulting costs are to be borne by the client. The client is aware that insurance is compulsory to participate on all tours and acknowledges that it is responsibility to take comprehensive travel insurance. The Safari Company will accept no liability whatsoever.
The client acknowledges being aware of the proposed itinerary and it is the client’s obligation to ensure that he/she is medically fit and able to embark upon such a tour. A medical certificate is required for passengers over 65 years.
The Safari Company believes that the contents of this website are correct at the time of printing, but all prices and services are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
The airlines or other carriers concerned are not held responsible for any accident omission or event during the time that passengers are not on board their aircraft or conveyance. The passengers’ contract in use by the airlines concerned, or by other carriers concerned when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the airlines and/or carriers and the purchaser of these tours and/or passengers.
The Safari Company reserves the right to increase their tour fares due to any increase in airline tariffs, fuel costs, game reserve entry fees, fluctuation of exchange rates, etc.
The payment of the deposit OR any other partial payment for a reservation on a safari constitutes consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of the conditions and general information contained on this website, literature or information sources whether the guest has signed the booking form or not. The terms under which you agree to take these safaris, cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorized member of the Company.
AGE LIMITS ON SAFARIS:
Please consult us regarding age policies at the time of booking. If a guest lies about their age, we reserve the right to terminate the safari without compensation.